With more than 400 exhibits and 14 hours of exhibit time (10 unopposed by clinical sessions), the Critical Care Exposition — the largest trade show for high-acuity and critical care nurses — is an essential part of your NTI experience. This year, there are more than 60 first-time exhibitors displaying new products and services of interest to critical care nurses.
When you visit the Critical Care Exposition, you can actively participate in hands-on demonstrations, ask questions and give feedback to healthcare manufacturers about their products, and make recommendations for improvements in the equipment, devices and supplies you use at the bedside.
ExpoEd in-booth experiences expand your learning opportunities. More than 200 ExpoEd clinical topics will be presented in 30-minute sessions over three days by more than 48 exhibitors. Visit the six ExpoEd Learning Centers (two are new this year), where you can learn techniques and best practices to ensure patient safety and improve outcomes. As always, ExpoEd learning qualifies for continuing education recognition points (CERPs).
The Critical Care Exposition also offers the largest U.S. job fair for acute and critical care nurses. In the Career Opportunity and the Educational Resources sections, you can visit more than 150 career-related exhibits, including hospitals, healthcare systems, colleges and universities, military branches, nurse staffing companies and travel nurse organizations.
Featured ExpoEd Presentations
- NEW: The ICU Simulation Learning Center (booth #2201), supported by Paladin Healthcare (booth #2211) and their partners First Response Group School of Nursing and Wittrock Healthcare, offers ICU simulation scenarios presented as ExpoEd sessions.
- NEW: The Travel Nursing Learning Center (booth #2595), supported by TravCon-The Travelers Conference (booth #2695), offers ExpoEd sessions on travel nursing for experienced travel nurses and those wishing to learn more about travel nurse opportunities.
- Learn about long-term acute care hospital (LTACH) challenges and opportunities for nurses at the LTACH Learning Center (booth #3437), supported by Select Medical (booth #3433).
- Returning for the 14th year, the Transport Nursing Learning Center (booth #3381) features helicopters and emergency transport ambulances. The Transport Nursing Learning Center with ExpoEd sessions is supported and presented by the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association (booth #3380). Attendees can inspect each transport vehicle and talk to experts about how to prepare and receive critically ill patients.
- The Tele-ICU Learning Center & Display (booth #1813), supported by Philips Acute Telehealth (booth #1719), also returns this year. In addition to ExpoEd presentations on telehealth topics, the Tele-ICU Learning Center features experts demonstrating an active tele-ICU system, using equipment provided by Philips.
- The Pediatric Nursing Learning Center (booth #2981) is supported by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (booth #3081) and ZOLL Medical Pediatric Solutions (booth #3085).
And Visit These Booths
- AACN Publications (booth #1301) features “Meet the Editors” at certain times Tuesday and Wednesday, and AACN’s eLearning team (booth #1307) offers information about AACN’s online learning programs with ExpoEd presentations in booth #1407.
- Learn more about AACN’s CSI Academy and the Beacon program (both in booth #1401).
- The AACN Career Center (booth #2789) includes free career consultations and free professional headshots provided and supported by HCA (booth #2783).
- NEW: Critical Care Challenge Competition (booth #3554), supported by iSimulate (booth #3354) and Teleflex (booth #2237), involves teams of nurses competing in clinical simulations for top scores and prizes. Form your own team and sign up now.
- Experience a military field tent with a simulated medical environment presented by Army Nurse Recruiting (booth #3315).
- Therapet (Animal Assisted Therapy) (booth #2295) features a display with therapy pets plus ExpoEd sessions explaining best practices in pet therapy (booth #2299).
- Enjoy a soothing professional seated massage at the Relaxation Station with 16 seated massage therapists (booths #2423 and #2345), sponsored by Nihon Kohden (booth #2533).
- Visit the Market Research section and participate in product surveys, interviews and research questionnaires (some with honorariums) in booths #3189 through #3388.
Critical Care Exposition Hours
Tuesday, May 21, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday, May 22, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday, May 23, 9 a.m.-noon