The size of NTI alone can challenge newcomers and veteran attendees alike. Use this checklist to start planning your week for a fulfilling and stress-free conference experience. Look for more tips on our FAQ page.
- Explore My NTI and get connected. Sign in on the AACN website and use My NTI to create your schedule, plan your week and participate in discussions with facilitators and other attendees — a great forum for your questions about planning, sessions and Boston.
- Organize your schedule and special events. Create your schedule on My NTI, and be sure to add a Sunrise Session to secure your seat. Reservations are required and there are limited seats remaining.
- Get NTI tips from the pros. Join NTI Program Planning Committee chairs at “Navigating NTI 101,” Sunday, May 20, at 4:15 p.m. or Monday, May 21, at 8 a.m. They’ll walk you through how to make NTI an enjoyable and rewarding professional experience.
- Take a tour of the convention center. If you arrive early, consider joining members of the NTI and API program planning committees for a tour of the convention center on Sunday beginning at 10 a.m. every 30 minutes. Familiarizing yourself with the convention center layout and key locations will make it much easier to get around quickly once the conference begins.
- Maximize your conference experience with the Learning Action Journal. Tools to assist you plan, learn and act on your conference education and activities are available at aacn.org/nti. The Learning Action Journal is included in your attendee bag.
- Dress for comfort and temperature shifts. Buy a pair or two of comfy shoes and break them in before the trip. Meeting room temperatures often fluctuate, so wear layers.
- Plan meals and snacks, and drink plenty of water. The Participant Map in your attendee bag highlights food options and hours at the convention center, but bring nutritious snacks such as fruit, granola or nuts and bottled water for your midday energy boost.
- Explore Boston beyond NTI. The diverse neighborhoods of Boston offer endless opportunities for cultural and outdoor activities. Get started at bostonusa.com or ask the locals at the Host Chapters Booth on-site.
- Enjoy a fun-filled Nurses’ Night Off at Seaport World Trade Center, Wednesday, May 23, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Unwind at this Boston landmark and dance to the city’s premier band, Night Shift. The evening out includes complimentary “taste of Boston” hors d’oeuvres, coffee and tea. We’ll also offer a cash bar serving bottled water, sodas, wine and beer. Shuttle service will be provided throughout the evening.
- Stay and make it a vacation. With a mix of colonial charm and urban sophistication, Boston features a wealth of historical and cultural attractions. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience a city offering great dining and nightlife, extraordinary shopping, exciting sporting events, and a vibrant arts and cultural community.
Safe travels. See you in Boston!