Enhance your professional skills and knowledge by attending some of these sessions:
“Navigating NTI 101”
Sunday, 4 p.m., GRB, Ballroom B and C and Monday, 8 a.m., GRB, Ballroom B and C
- Explore how to develop a personalized education schedule, identify available resources and use My NTI to help make NTI an enjoyable and rewarding professional experience.
“Owning Your Future: Building Personal Resiliency in Times of Burnout and Challenging Environments”
Monday, 8 a.m., GRB, Room 361
- Attend the first of four sessions describing how nurses can begin to “Own Our Future.” Learn how to overcome barriers to practice with strategies to address the health of your work environment and build personal resilience.
“Antiarrhythmic Pharmacology: Important Practice Implications”
Monday, 8 a.m., GRB, Room 362 and Tuesday, 1 p.m., GRB, Grand Ballroom C
- Review the use of antiarrhythmic pharmacological agents for atrial, ventricular and other cardiac arrhythmias.
AACN President’s Address and Keynote Address
Monday, 10 a.m., GRB, Hall C
- Vinh Giang takes us on an unforgettable journey through stories, human psychology and the wonderful art of magic, followed by AACN President Clareen Wiencek, who will share her insights, building on the theme “It Matters.”
Distinguished Research Lecture
“Recognizing the Ordinary as Extraordinary: Insight Into the Way We Work to Improve Patient Safety Outcomes”
Monday, 1:30 p.m., GRB, Grand Ballroom B
- Elizabeth (Beth) Henneman will talk about her career and her research journey, which has focused on clinical problems faced by acute and critical care nurses.
“Pediatric Strokes: Prompt Recognition and Management”
Monday, 1:45 p.m., GRB, Room 332 AD and Tuesday, 7:30 a.m., GRB, Room 332 AD
- This educational session provides nurses with information specific to recognition, diagnosis and treatment of pediatric strokes.
“AACN Clinical Scene Investigator (CSI) Academy: Creating a Foundation for Change”
Monday, 1:45 p.m., GRB, Room 370
- Learn skills to enhance your leadership ability and instill the confidence to initiate changes in behaviors and cultures in your work environment.
“Forging a New Path: Transforming Moral Distress to Moral Resilience”
Monday, 3 p.m., GRB, Grand Ballroom C
- In a rapid-fire format, learn how to recognize morally complex situations, apply ethical decision-making and take actions that are consistent with professional values.
“AACN’s Strategic Advocacy: Amplifying Our Bold Voice in Times of Change”
Monday, 3:15 p.m., GRB, Room 310
- Join AACN’s Strategic Advocacy Team for a discussion about the organization’s efforts to strengthen our capacity to advocate for issues that matter to the members of our community.
“Hemodynamic Monitoring’s New Wave: Sound Waves, Pressure Waves, Maneuvers and More”
Monday, 3:15 p.m., GRB, General Assembly A
- Using a case study format, this session presents the latest evidence on determining fluid responsiveness and new functional hemodynamic parameters.
“Need to Know Review: The 2016 Surviving Sepsis Guidelines”
Monday, 4:45 p.m., GRB, General Assembly A
- This session provides a quick but need-to-know breakdown of the latest recommendations for the care of patients with sepsis and septic shock.