Attendees at this year’s NTI conference in Houston have the opportunity to experience essential program content and key learnings from the AACN CSI Academy nurse leadership and innovation training program. Sessions are relevant for both staff nurses and nurse managers/educators.
CSI Faculty-Led Concurrent Sessions
For nurses seeking to initiate positive change on the unit, CSI Academy faculty will present four different concurrent sessions — one each day — focused on a distinct element of the change process. The innovative tools and skills gained enhance nurses’ leadership abilities and instill the confidence to successfully implement change.
- “AACN CSI Academy: Creating a Foundation for Change”
- “AACN CSI Academy: Creating the Business Case for Quality”
- “AACN CSI Academy: Creating Buy-In for Change”
- “AACN CSI Academy: Sustaining and Spreading Change”
CSI Alumni-Led Concurrent and ExpoEd Sessions
Learn more about unit-based quality improvement initiatives and the benefits of empowering staff nurses as leaders.
- “Nurse-Driven Protocol for Management of Patients in Severe Alcohol/Substance Abuse Withdrawal” (Concurrent)
- “Asking Is the Answer: Development of a Clinical Nurse Scholar Program to Empower Staff” (Concurrent)
- “Scaling a CSI Delirium Assessment Improvement Project in High-Risk Patient Populations” (ExpoEd)
- “Improving Communication During PICU Interprofessional Rounds to Support Family-Centered Care” (ExpoEd)
CSI Academy Posters
A section of the poster hall will feature presentations based on CSI Academy team projects, highlighting topics such as delirium, post-ICU syndrome, hospital-acquired infections, patient care delivery models and promoting sleep in the ICU.