Sessions are relevant for direct care nurses and nurse managers/educators.
Attendees at this month’s NTI in Boston have the opportunity to experience essential program content and key learnings from AACN CSI Academy, the nurse leadership and innovation training program. Sessions are relevant for direct care nurses and nurse managers/educators.
“AACN CSI Academy: Creating and Sustaining Change on Your Unit”
This all-day session led by CSI Academy faculty and alumni teaches key concepts from the CSI program using real-world quality-improvement methods and tools to further elevate staff nurses’ knowledge and expertise — enabling successful implementation of patient care improvement initiatives and true influence at the bedside.
CSI Faculty-led Concurrent Sessions
For nurses seeking to initiate positive change on their unit, CSI Academy faculty will present four different concurrent sessions, one each day, focused on a distinct element of the change process. The innovation tools and skills enhance nurses’ leadership abilities and instill the confidence to successfully implement change.
- “AACN CSI Academy: Creating a Foundation for Change”
- “AACN CSI Academy: Creating the Business Case for Quality”
- “AACN CSI Academy: Creating Buy-in for Change”
- “AACN CSI Academy: Sustaining and Spreading Change”
An additional session for those on the nurse manager track will be presented:
- “Nurse Manager Skills for Creating and Sustaining Change”
CSI Alumni-led Concurrent and Expo Ed Sessions
Learn more about unit-based quality-improvement initiatives and the benefits of empowering front-line nurses as leaders.
- “Advocating From Bedside to Capitol Hill: Nurse in Washington Internship” (ExpoEd)
- “CSI: Collaborative Participation From Area Hospitals to Decrease Delirium” (concurrent)
- “CSI: Your Stay, Your Story” (concurrent)
- “Keep Calm and Stop the Clot” (concurrent)
- “Massachusetts CSI Nursing Collaborative: Hospitals Working Together to Improve Patient Outcomes” (ExpoEd)
- “Oh the Places You Will Go: Developing, Sustaining and Scaling a Frontline Nurse-led Improvement Initiative” (ExpoEd)
- “Teamwork Leads to Dreamwork” (concurrent)
CSI Academy Posters
A number of CSI Academy teams will present posters highlighting their patient care improvement projects, addressing topics such as early mobility, sustaining positive change and delirium.
To learn more about these and other activities at NTI, visit www.aacn.org/nti.